Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve


We had a wonderful day before Christmas. We spent the morning out enjoying the glorious warm sun! Oh how I'd missed the sun during that never ending week of rain and really I don't need a white Christmas I just need the sun!

We went on a family bike ride along the trail in Snow Canyon and it was so much fun. Bella and Samuel have turned into great little bike riders and Isaac and Jenna ride in the trailer. Jenna occasionally gets a little upset with Isaac when he starts to crowd her, but overall they are great riding along behind Chuck. There were lots of dips and the kids had a great time speeding down as fast as they could. The funniest part of the adventure occurred when Samuel, Bella and I were leaving the park to wait for Chuck to come pick us up. Samuel and I had stopped and Bella came full speed ahead and couldn’t stop but ran right into Samuel. She pushed Samuel forward and her bike did a wheel-e up on his bike. Luckily, neither one of them got hurt and I just laughed and laughed at the sight. Bella really is a crazy bike rider - kind of her norm with everything she does!

Other fun memories:
* The kids bought each other presents at the Dollar Store and opened them that afternoon. It was fun to watch them get so excited about wrapping and buying each other gifts.
* Grandma and Grandpa joined us in our festivities.
* We had a yummy dinner and great dessert.
* The kids opened their new game we get them and had fun playing it. It was a Toy Story shooting game so it was an especially big hit with the boys!


The kids opened their pj's.


We had a lively rendition of Jingle Bells and each of the kids sang a solo.


We had our traditional Christmas Eve smore roast. It was lovely weather so the kids didn't even have to get bundled up. Then off to bed the little ones went while we stayed up late wrapping away. Such a fun day!


1 comments:

fourballerinas said...

I love all your Christmas Eve fun. I want a bike and trailer so bad!!! I REALLY love your manger/service idea. When you get it out next year to do it- CALL ME AND REMIND ME THAT I WANT TO DO I TO. I just know I'll forget. Tell me how you made the wood thing too. Glad you guys had a good Christmas.
Audrey