I love when my family comes to visit, but I wonder why every time we get together we all end up sick! I just can't figure out who is the carrier for all these nasty germs that seem to take root whenever we are all staying under the same roof.
After our weekend of Thanksgiving "partying" we all got sick. One evening Samuel was on the couch literally screaming that he was going to die and we needed to get him to the doctor immediately. It turned out both he and Jenna had a double ear infection. Then pink eye made its round. Poor Jenna had a fever for days and then woke up this morning with a rash - now I know it's the Roseola virus and hopefully will be gone in the next day or so. My stomach muscles are sore from coughing so much. It's been a long time since I've had sore stomach muscles since I don't ever think about doing sit-ups. Maybe this coughing we help tighten the loose abs and saggy baby skin! There's got to be some perk to being ill!
And this is what the kids do to the house when mommy is sick and having to hold a crying baby all day. Bella managed to move the furniture all by herself.
It finally dawned on me that I should turn on the TV so they would stop destroying the house. The kids don't watch TV during the week so on the rare occasion they do watch cartoons they are glued to the set. I only wished I had thought of it sooner!
Here's to hoping we've had our seasonal illness! But wait, the family is coming for Christmas so we're probably in for another round.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
The Family Curse
Posted by amber at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
it's funny the magic of tv....it's my go to babysitter :-)
Sounds like our house. We have had cough/colds for about 3 weeks and now Maeser has it. I was beginning to wonder if you guys changed your minds and you were pregnant with baby #5! Also, Blake can totally relate with Trina. He wears gloves for peeling/cutting veggies and some fruits.
Maybe you should just stop getting together for the winter time. No family really isn't all that bad. We've done it now for 10 years. Hope you guys get better. We had bad pink eye right before and after Alyssa was born. We all had it but Savannah. Vigamox is the liquid gold that gets rid of it. YOu know, it is HIGHLY contagious!! That's probably why you ALL have it!!!
Post a Comment