I just love summer! But this summer I'm feeling a little heartache each day. I just keep thinking how quick Samuel will be starting Kindergarten and I it makes me want to cry. I really LOVE having all my kids at home all day. Yes, most days are crazy, loud, messy, challenging, and I don't have much time to do anything for myself, but I really do love it! So my goal for the summer is to do some little fun thing each day.

Here is the result of one of my attempts to be more fun. The kids and I moved the kitchen table and chairs into the family room and built a giant fort. They thought it was wonderful to walk across the table and then jump onto the couch. We also played a crazy game where I was the troll trying to get the kids out of their cave. But then Samuel and Isaac started whacking me with their foam light sabers and the troll had to die because it really did hurt.

Here is the result of one of my attempts to be more fun. The kids and I moved the kitchen table and chairs into the family room and built a giant fort. They thought it was wonderful to walk across the table and then jump onto the couch. We also played a crazy game where I was the troll trying to get the kids out of their cave. But then Samuel and Isaac started whacking me with their foam light sabers and the troll had to die because it really did hurt.
Here's to having more fun this summer!

Samuel and Bella also completed swim lessons. They both love the water and this year Samuel actually started to grasp the concept of swimming. On Monday I took the kids swimming and couldn't believe how well Samuel was doing.

Samuel and Bella also completed swim lessons. They both love the water and this year Samuel actually started to grasp the concept of swimming. On Monday I took the kids swimming and couldn't believe how well Samuel was doing.

Samuel also finished up T-ball. He was thrilled to get a trophy and has it proudly displayed in his room. The highlight of the season for him was when he hit a home run. Chuck told Samuel before one of the games if he hit the ball onto the grass to just keep running because he would get a home run (it takes the kids FOREVER to retrieve the ball and then throw it in). So that's exactly what Samuel did and he was so excited.
Chuck's brother Blake and Blake's brother-in-law did a rappelling hike. This is the guys the night before getting the ropes ready. (It makes me feel better about these adventures knowing we have a good amount of life insurance!) I guess the adventure was a little scary because Blake declared that he didn't ever need to do that rappel again!







0 comments:
Post a Comment