I went to this amazing Power of Moms conference this weekend (I hopefully will write more about that later). Chuck and I have both been feeling this great desire, urge, need, you name it to strengthen our family. We have really been trying to focus on becoming better parents and setting our home in order.
I come home from this conference and have 2 funny experiences.
Samuel and Bella have been using a lot of masking tape lately. They are constantly asking me to rip pieces of tape for them. So I have my first brilliant idea - I'm going to teach Samuel how to tear the tape so he can do it himself because as a good mom I should be teaching my kids how to do things for themselves.
I sit Samuel down and show him how to tear the tape. Of course he is struggling trying to rip it so I next show him how he can tear it with his teeth. We practice until he can do it then he and Bella are off on their tape ripping adventure. About 5 minutes later Samuel comes downstairs with the roll of tape and I see he has been trying to rip the tape, but now it's just a smashed up mess on the end. He looks at me and says, "Mom, I have a better idea why don't I just use the scissors to cut pieces tape." BRILLIANT - but why didn't I think of that!!!
Later that evening I have my next brilliant idea - I'll ask Samuel what I can do to be a better mom. This is the little conversation we had.
Me: Samuel, what could I do to be a better mom to you and the other kids.
Samuel (after thinking quietly for several seconds): You could feed us pizza for every meal!
Me (trying not to laugh): Is there anything else?
Samuel: No, just feed us more pizza.
So I guess in the mind of my 5 year old I'm doing alright as his mom even if the kid is smarter than me at times!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Pizza, Pizza, Pizza - and Scissors
Posted by amber at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Amber, I love reading about your little kids. They are so sweet. Samuel seems to be pretty smart. I always tear the tape too. Never occured to me to use scissors.
=D He is so cute!!
I think Pizza really is the way to take care of anything right? ha ha ha, I love your kids and I love that Stock and Sam have gotten to play on the same sports teams togehter this year. Thanks for taking Addy's pictures, I can't wait to see them!
Post a Comment