
Luckily Grandma was here to make cupcakes with the kids for Valentines day. With the new baby I wasn't up for our usual holiday festivities.

Grandma also got the kids balloons from the Dollar Store. And even after a week they are still floating around the house. Isaac got mad and didn't want to be in the picture. Instead he threw himself on the floor in a fit - the terrible two's always start early around our house.


The kids picking out Valentines for each other. We asked the kids what they liked about each person they were giving a Valentine to. Samuel and Bella both said they liked each other because they play "house" together. The two of them play this "house" game they made up every day. One of them will say let's play "house" and off they will go.

We actually celebrated Valentines on Saturday and I did manage to quickly throw together a little treasure hunt for the kids. I made a map to their presents and candy pails because Samuel absolutely loves trying to follow maps. Here they are at the start of the treasure hunt. Again Isaac didn't want to be in the picture.

Each year I get the kids new swimsuits for Valentines Day. I bet you can't guess who was most excited about this gift.

Then on to the hidden candy pails. I bought the candy several weeks before Valentines because I knew I wouldn't be able to do it once the baby came. Amazingly Chuck and I didn't eat it before the day arrived. Of course I did hide it in the Laundry Room where it wasn't within sight.

That afternoon Grandma and Grandpa took everyone to Pirate Island. The baby and I stayed home and took a good nap. The kids came home with a lot of prizes - I think the adults were also playing the games to get that many tickets for prizes!

Bella kept telling me she was so excited about her new swimsuit. Of course she changed into it as soon as they got home from Pirate Island. Notice her green finger and face. She was dipping her finger in the candy packet and it turned green.




1 comments:
Amber, your little kids are so pretty. I know you shouldn't say a boy is pretty, but the boys are pretty. Cute little family. I know your hands are pretty full. Hope you are feeling better now.
Post a Comment