Monday, February 1, 2010

Black Eye



The end of last week we had one of those days at our home when all the kids were just rotten all day long. As soon as Chuck walked in the door my mom and I took off to go to dinner and left poor Chuck behind with 3 bawling kids. We had both had enough for one day!

And this is what happened to cap the afternoon off - Samuel got a black eye and who gave it to him - little Isaac! All the kids were in the family room and Samuel was being mean to both Bella and Isaac. I wasn't facing the chaos, but my mom was in the process of telling Samuel he needed to go to his room when I heard a very loud noise that sounded like someone had hit the concrete floor very hard with something. Then the screaming began. Isaac had not taken kindly to Samuel taking away his toy had picked up his sippy cup, thrown it at Samuel and smashed him right above the eye. All day long Samuel had been creating problems, but I felt so bad for the guy. And Isaac was very pleased with himself. He kept saying, "I hit Samuel drink". When we tried to tell him that he really hurt Samuel he just smiled his huge smile and said, "Yah!"


Now just look at that happy little guy, you would never know that Isaac is the brute of the family. He may be the youngest, at least for a few more days, but he is also the meanest. He is my only kid that has hit and thrown things at people. If one of the other kids makes him mad, he goes after them when they're least expecting it. I'm hoping we can put an end to this problem when he gets a little older and can understand better. But for now watch out for flying objects!

2 comments:

Linz said...

oh, that poor little guy!!

fourballerinas said...

Those kids in nursery better watch out. THey're liable to get a black eye too.