Sunday, March 22, 2009

Vegas


We made a quick trip to Vegas this weekend to get the luggage rack installed on our Pilot. We were stuck at the car dealership for almost 2.5 hours. They had a pretty nice kids room and we had our DVD player so the kids were actually really good. Afterward I was commenting on how good the kids had been and Chuck said it wasn't them he was worried about! Yes, I can get a little impatient with this type of situation, but I had Chuck's laptop and was working on one of my many projects so the time actually passed pretty quickly. After we took the kids to a fun park area to play and then to the Bellagio to watch the watershow and of course I had to make a stop at Babies R Us to buy Bella a few outfits. I also found the most beautiful pair of high heels I have ever seen. They were calling my name until I saw the price tag. I seriously considered spending way, way, way too much money on a pair of shoes. Thankfully they didn't have the shoe in a small enough size!

Everytime we drive into Vegas I get a little heartache. I sure did love living there and often miss it.

When we lived in Vegas I would often laugh about the things that you would see only in Vegas. Well, at the little play area I had one of those experiences again. They had these two guys with foreign accents there singing and providing entertainment for the kids. Now look at the guy who's singing - shirt unbuttoned, chest hair showing, gold chain, superstar glasses - it's kids your singing for! Samuel was really getting in on the action, but the songs were again making me laugh. He started out with the Hokey Pokey, but then came the Macarena (see Samuel below working on shaking his hips) and Mombo number 5 that talks about going to the liquor store. It was just cracking me up.




They had a beautiful flower and butterfly display at the Bellagio. When we were looking at the butterflies flying around in the little display area Samuel said, "Why did they trap the butterflies in here". I always love coming up with answers to these type of questions!





Samuel is fascinated with the watershow at the Bellagio. If you ask Samuel where he was born he will tell you, "Vegas, at the watershow". This is the first time that he has been able to watch without plugging his ears and getting scared. But Bella watched one show and told us she was going. So we had one kid crying because they wanted to stay, one kid crying because they wanted to go and the baby crying because he was tired.



And what post would be complete without a little update on Bella. Today she managed to squeeze a good portion of a brand new tube of Desitin all over the family room carpet. She was rubbing it all over her face, up and down her legs and then tracking it all over the concrete before we realized what was going on. Then I took her to the tub and when I got back to her she was washing her own hair, but had used most of the bottle of shampoo. You've got to love the terrible two's! And my poor carpet that I have worked so hard to keep clean may never be the same! Desitin is so greasy and does not clean up well, but Chuck looked it up on the internet and there was a suggestion to sprinkle Baking Soda on the carpet and let it sit to soak up the grease. I'm praying it works!

This morning as we were getting ready for Church the kids took a break to feed Isaac some Cheerios. They just love to give this guy food and since he seems to have a hollow leg he is always more than willing to eat whatever they give him.

2 comments:

Linz said...

So fun!!

In all of my years in Vegas, I have NEVER seen David Hassleholf preform at a kids park. That must have been awesome! *wink*

fourballerinas said...

Wow, what a kids park they've got there. Don't see that in Ivins? We need one of those luggage racks on our Durango. You'll have to give Brady the scoop on yours and send us a pic. I always love the good (or should I say bad) stories of Bella. She seems to find trouble around every corner. I love them feeding Issac- so cute- true sibling love!
AUdrey