Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Samuel

Photobucket
Happy Birthday to my Boy!

Chuck and I prayed for many years that we would be able to have a child. Those years when our heart yearned for a baby were difficult times. But as with any trial, we were strengthed and learned many lessons. Eventually the windows of heaven were opened and we were blessed with a miracle - out little Samuel. I had someone tell me after Samuel was born that with a birth of a child we learn 3 great truths. 1. How much our Heavenly Father must love us 2. How much our parents love us 3. How much our capacity to love is expanded.

It's hard for me to believe that Sameul is 4 already! It amazes me how fast the time flies as we enjoy this precious time when all of our kids are so young. Samuel is a precious and smart little boy. He is so curious about everything a asks a million questions every day. He constantly amazes me! I thank my Heavenly Father daily for sending me this little guy. He is such a blessing in our lives.

Samuel's Hospital Picture - he was such a beautiful baby - no cone, bruised and battered head like our other kids. He turned breach when I was 38 weeks along so I had to have a c-section. The nurses told us they can tell c-section babies because they look so good right after they are born.

My first glimpse of my baby. I just got one quick look before they took him away while they finished sewing me up. I could hardly believe that I was finally a mom - I had prayed for and dreamed about this day for so long! The c-section and other complications I suffered with for weeks after his birth were very hard on me, but that little guy was worth every price I had to pay.

Chuck was in the nursery with Samuel and took this picture of my family waiting outside to see our little miracle baby. Just look at those excited faces! Thanks for loving my little boy so much!

7 comments:

Trina and Wes said...

Happy Birthday Samuel! We love you so much. You are a great cousin to Kambree.

Kaicie said...

Happy Birthday Samuel! I love the pictures you have been taking of your kids. Hopefully we will live closer one day and I can join in on the fun of photography!

fourballerinas said...

Happy Birthday to Samuel!! Wish we could have been there to enjoy all the festivities! Looks like you had lots of partying going on. I love that cake, it was amazing, but I"m with you, what's the point of all the work of making it if you can't eat it!! At least there's pictures of it. Very creative. Maybe Chuck can build me something for Savannah's party. J/K. I guess I have an engineer that lives here but he could care less about making a birhtday cake stand with his engineering skills. Hope you're having fun with your parents there.
Hopefully we can come sometime this summer and visit. That may or may not happen.
Audrey

Valerie said...

What a cute little baby he was...and he is still so stinkin' cute now! We are so sorry we couldn't make it to the party. If it was for any other reason than my grandpa's funeral we would of been there :( We for sure need to get them together this Friday. It's our turn for Sam to come over here I believe :)

Kami Beck said...

Amber,
It's so fun to catch up with you and your darling family on your blog. You write the cutest stories--I couldn't believe the one about the fire extinguisher--Yikes! Never a dull moment in the life of a mama with her babes. Happy Birthday to Samuel!
Love,
Kami

Linz said...

I would just like to say OH MY HECK!! to those AMAZING blue eyes!! What a cutie!

Luann Gillette said...

HB Samuel!. Gran Lu