
I am so glad the weather has been nice this week because we finally were able to have our park playgroup again. I love this weekly get together where the kids play and I get a chance to visit with some truly amazing moms. A few weeks ago we were having a discussion about politics and economics which then turned to food storage. I came home that day feeling unprepared and set a goal to educate myself about food storage and start getting our family prepared. So I talked to my great friend Janice who is wonderful at this sort of thing (and many other things!) and have started my food storage journey. So at our playgroup another mom brought up the fact that after our last get together she had started working on food storage so we spent a lot of our time talking food storage, making bread etc. I am so grateful for talented women that I know in my life that share their skills and knowledge with me!
I try to get together once a month and make bread with Janice. (A way of rotating that wheat in the food storage!) We have a lot of fun doing it together even though the kids are running around wild. But I decided last week I needed to try it by myself once just to make sure I could do it. Janice is an amazing cook and my cooking skills are definately lacking, but I did it all by myself. The 6 loaves turned out great!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Good Friends, Bread & Food Storage
Posted by amber at 8:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Amber, will you help me make some bread? I would really love to learn how to make a good "healthy" bread...help :)
Post a Comment