Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year and New Changes


When did my precious Samuel get to be so big? The Primary secretary called me on Friday night to say they were having a Primary activity on Saturday for the kids to meet their new teachers. I got off the phone and could hardly believe that my baby was going to be in Primary. I was excited, but sad to think of how fast the time flies. Now just look at that face. In typical Samuel style, he was not excited about going to the activity. In fact the kids were supposed to wear their pj's, but Samuel threw a fit and said he was not going to wear his pajamas. I think he was the only kid not wearing pajamas, but I was just excited he actually went. He has been telling me for weeks that he isn't going to Sunbeams, he doesn't like church, he doesn't like Primary. You name it he doesn't like it. But thankfully he has a wonderful Sunbeam teacher, and so he went to the activity and to Sunbeams today and loved it!

Isaac surprised me this week by doing his first "baby sign"! He has learned how to sign "more" when I feed him. Of the three kids, he is now the official earliest signer! I have enjoyed teaching all the kids a few baby signs because it's so fun to see their little minds working to let you know what they want before they can talk. And Isaac has been getting lots of help and encouragement from the other kids!


And here is the little guy giving crawling a try. He actually has only moved one knee forward, but he is trying really hard! Of course, with the third little one the longer he holds off going anywhere the better for me.

And Bella - what can I say! I feel like I spend most of my day chasing her around trying to make sure she isn't destroying anything. This week I found her naked in the bathroom sink having a great time in the water with her tea set. I just can't figure out why she refuses to keep any clothes on. She goes through several outfits a day. She'll take everything off, run around naked for awhile then pull a dirty outfit out of the laundry room and put it on. And then for this picture. I usually cut up her peanut butter sandwhich into little pieces for her to eat, but yesterday she kept telling me, "No cut". So I just cut her sandwich in half like I do for Samuel. I was busy feeding the baby and then looked up to find this! I think she just must have stuck the sandwich on her face. I couldn't help but laugh, which was a mistake because then Samuel thought it was okay to stick the sandwich on his face- not quite so funny when they know better. And of course she did it again today and then looked at us and said, "Funny"! Well, the second time it really isn't funny so I told her if she did it again I was going to have to cut her sandwich into little pieces again so hopefully that will solve the problem, but knowing Bella probably not!

2 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Wow, another on already. Samuel face is so funny. Savannah has been very excited about being a Sunbeam, probably because she knows I'm in the primary room, but oh well. She sure is going to miss her nursery teacher. Our church is at 1:00 so that is a bit of a challenge for the sunbeams. Love Bella Peanut Butter masterpiece. At least she's artistic, even if it is with food. Sometimes it's so hard not to laugh when they are doing something bad, but funny. Tonight, Savannah was kind of talking back to me, but it was so hillarious I had to turn my head and laugh so she didn't see. She doesn't usually do that and when it was coming from her it was so funny in her broken, slurred english.
Alyssa does "more" too- I don't know any other ones. If you know some more, I'd love to teach her. It's fun to see them "get it".
Audrey

Linz said...

HAHAHA! I love Bella's peanut butter face! That's funny! And yea for Isaac! And Sam! Sunbeams!! Wow!! I almost died on Sunday when Auri went to CTR 5!! When did that happen???!!!