Sunday, November 9, 2008

What A Week!

This was quite the week! Isaac wasn't feeling well last Sunday and we couldn't get him to sleep until after 1:00 a.m. and then he was up every 1.5 hours and the only way I could get him to fall back asleep was to feed him. I eventually just fell asleep in my rocking chair with him attached. So Monday morning I was already feeling beat. Then things really got exciting!

Bella has been doing really well with going pee on the potty, but she just can't get the other one down. Monday we were at the park with our little play group and I saw Bella running in and out of the restroom. She then started to get undressed so I handed someone the baby and went running to see what she was up to. When I got close she started saying, "I poop, I poop". And sure enough she had tried to take off her pants and get to the potty, but hadn't quite made it and there was poop all over her. I took off the clothes and got that mess cleaned up, but she had to run around like a little "redneck" for awhile with just her diaper and shirt on.

The only nice thing about her having the park accident was that at least it hadn't been in our house or so I thought. During her "quite time" in her room I heard her saying, "I poop, I poop" again. So I ran upstairs to survey the damage because this scene plays out at least every other day! This time I couldn't see too much damage, but she did have poop on her legs so I got her in the tub. Then I took her back to her room where she went around the side of her crib picked up an empty crayon box and handed it to me saying, "I poop" and sure enough there was a nice blob on the box she had just handed me. Then she went around to another 5 spots throughout her room and pointed out where else she had pooped. It was all over - rubbed on her couch in two different places and one giant spot on the carpet she had ground in. It was about this time that I heard the baby crying and Samuel started crying about something as well. So I ran downstairs to take care of the boys and get something to clean up the mess. Bella then climbed on the back of a chair and I turned around just in time to see her tip the chair over backwards and hit her head on the concrete floor. Then all 3 kids were crying and I was standing there thinking I'm the one that should be crying!!

But small miracles do happen and I found the answer to the pooping problem - thanks to another mom! It's a pain, but I turn Bella's pj's inside out and dress her in them for nap/quite time. The brillance of this is that she can't get them off - so no more undressing herself and making a huge mess!

Then on Wednesday afternoon Samuel and I went into the garage while the other kids were sleeping and got locked out of the house. I didn't have my phone or a key and none of our handful of neighbors were home. I knew the neighbor kids would be coming home from school in about 30 minutes so Samuel and I were stuck outside waiting for them while I was just praying the kids would stay asleep. Samuel started whining about being cold and wanting to go in the house. When I told him we couldn't then he wanted his daddy. Eventually the neighbor boy came by and I used his phone to call Chuck who came and let us in. And luckily the other kids were still asleep.

And to top it off, the end of the week I woke up about 1:30 a.m. because my eye was oozing and sure enough I had a case of pink eye. Luckily it didn't spread to the kids and the antibotic made it start feeling better right away. Let's hope this week is a little better!

1 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Yet again, your blog never ceases to make me laugh. I'm not laughing at your pain or the craziness you have delt with, but at myself, knowing that my bad day yesterday was no worse than your days. I used to cut the zipper handle off Kaylas pj's so she couldn't get out of them. In the morning I would use the "key" a safety pin I would push through the top of the zipper to get them off. She never had the pooping problem, but she'd try and take them off after I'd put her to bed. there was no way she was getting out of them because I couldn't even get them off without the pin key. Maybe you should reconsider the air show for a couple of years if no one is having fun. Love the dragging Bella story. That is a classic. You won't be at a losss for good stories as they continue to get older. you'll have a lot of good ones for when they start dating.
Audrey