Sunday, November 16, 2008


I finally convinced Chuck that the kids "needed" a playhouse in the backyard. We looked at various options and Chuck decided he would like to build it, so he drew up the plans, bought all the material and has started on the project. The kids have fun "helping" him build and Samuel is especially excited about getting the playhouse done.



Some of our afternoons really seem endless! I look at the clock only to discover I still have hours until Chuck gets home. This week, to combat one of those afternoon slumps, the kids and I gathered pinecones and made Thanksgiving turkeys. I started out the project showing them how it was supposed to look only to have Samuel tell me he wasn't making his that way. And why should he have to make it the way I wanted - so they made their turkeys the way they wanted and had a lot of fun.

Such concentration!

The finished project!

1 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Oh, such creativity. Just wait until you get one in school and there are after school activities, homework, etc. I could use at least 2 more hours in the afternoon after school. The afternoons are a whirlwind after Kayla get home with homework, make dinner, dancing sometimes, baths, Kayla's reading, baby needs, etc. I remember how that was though, especially when we lived in Austin and we didn't have a lot to do outside because we didn't have a yard. Loved the pics of Bella, such a cutie. Looks like you learned a lot at you photo class- you take a great picture. Too bad we don't live close so you could catch some great shots of my girls. Hope you have a great thanksgiving. What are you guys doing?
Audrey