Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fun Happenings

There have been lots of fun things going on the past week or so.

Chuck and the boys went on the father and sons campout. They all had a wonderful time even though Samuel returned home with a pretty good burn on his leg from touching a hot dutch oven and had a scrapped up nose from a little incident with another boy and a stick.


While the boys were gone, Bella, Jenna and I had a marvelous time together. I could not believe how calm and quiet the house was with the boys gone. There were no crazy boys running around the house screaming battle cries, endless light saber fights or wrestling matches. I didn't realize how extremely LOUD the boys are until they were gone for a night. We just did whatever Bella wanted and that night when she said her prayers she thanked Heavenly Father that the boys could go to fathers and sons and repeatedly said how much she loved her mommy and asked that I never die - it was really sweet.


Samuel started t-ball. We have karate just before t-ball so it's a mad rush to get changed, everyone loaded and unloaded etc. which may explain this funny story, at least that's my excuse.

For the first game, Chuck got home just in time to jump in the van as we were already loaded and ready to go. As we all piled out of the van, Chuck took one look at Samuel and asked, "Why are you wearing your soccer shin guards?" I was totally puzzled since I had told Samuel to run upstairs and get the black "t-ball things" out of his closet and then I helped him get them on. Have I mentioned I'm not an athlete - just checking :)! Yeah I'd totally got the kid dressed for the wrong sport!


While Samuel played ball, Jenna ate rocks.


Samuel and Bella had their Let's Play Music recital. They both did a great job singing and Samuel played the bells. Notice how the two of them are not standing together. Those two when their together tend to cause trouble. Bella has started to learn that she can't do anything even remotely wrong when Samuel's around because he is quick to inform mom with all the details.


Samuel had his Kindergarten Graduation. I can't believe how fast this school year has flown. I have a sinking feeling that is going to be the norm from here on out - the years just quickly passing by. I have loved Samuel's teacher and while it was fun to watch their little program I was a bit sad thinking how he was going to be gone all day next year. I have loved being able to volunteer in Samuel's classroom this year by reading with the kids (Thanks Kristen for taking the other 3 so that was possible!). It was also fun that my mom just happened to be in town for my nieces birthday and so she was able to stay at our house for a few days and see the graduation and the music recital.


We also had a swimming party for Bella's 2nd year Joy School Graduation. I have loved teaching her little Joy School group again this year. What a group of sweet girls!

So many fun things to experience as a mother!

0 comments: