In Samuel's Kindergarten class they always have a Fun Friday. Several months ago I decided we needed to do the same in our home because really who doesn't love Friday! As soon as Samuel gets home from school on Friday the fun begins. Yes, we clean the bathrooms every Friday to begin our fun. There was a time when I would clean by myself early in the morning or at night because lets face it - it was quick and easier that way. But then I realized I needed to be teaching my kids how to work and how to enjoy it. Yep, I actually like to clean bathrooms. Now the same can't be said about laundry, but I'm even coming around on that since I have redone my laundry room and moved all the kids clothes in there. So we work together first and the kids actually enjoy it. Their favorite part is spraying the mirrors. Everyone gets a bathroom where they get to individually spray and wipe the mirrors. They LOVE this part. If you ever look at my mirrors they're not that clean, but rest assured one of the kids sure did love trying to make it look really clean.

This little guy cracked me up when he said during our cleaning, "Give me the poison salsa". In case you're wondering
this is the poison salsa.
I'm not really sure why he refers to cleaner as salsa - and I don't know if I want to know why!
After cleaning and lunch we have our activity. One of these days I may post a few of our Fun Friday projects we really do have a lot of fun making all sorts of things. But this Friday we made 12 loaves of homemade wheat bread. It took us all afternoon - again a project that could have gone a lot faster without the "help", but then it wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining!
Samuel was so cute because it was his idea to make bread. I made homemade wheat bread a few weeks ago when my parents came for Jenna's birthday because I know my dad loves it. Samuel then told me this week, "Mom, you know how you made bread for grandpa. Well, I really like homemade bread too. So you can make bread for me next time, we don't have to wait for Grandpa to come." Now how could I refuse making my sweet guy homemade bread after a conversation like that!
It was a great day with poison salsa and homemade bread.


1 comments:
Way funny! I want to make some bread too one of these days. And I love the picture of Isaac and Jenna drinking milk. Sweet, sweet!
Post a Comment