Monday, February 21, 2011

Bye Bye Binkie


Saying that Isaac loves his binkie is a vast understatement. He is addicted to the binkie. With the other kids as they got older I would only let them have the binkie during nap time or at bedtime. But with Isaac I was not as tough. Mainly because he has been a difficult 2 year old and the binkie would calm him when he was upset and throwing giant fits. The past month or so he has really grown up a lot and is no longer throwing such big fits - yeah!
We let the kids trade their binkies in for any toy they choose and have been talking to Isaac for awhile now about it being time to trade in his binkie. We got him all excited and today was the day. After bowling, we went to the store and roamed the toy isle. He finally found 2 toys that he wanted and we let him get both. On the way out of the store, he dropped the binkie in the garbage. Now Chuck and I are bracing for a couple of rough nights!


2 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Way to go on the binkie! We are looking forward that with Ava in a few months. Your stories are so funny amber. You need some more sleep. Ava was up last night- has had a cold and was coughing. It has been really long time since I have been up with her in the night. I have REALLY been enjoying my full nights sleep latey so I was really bummed about my sleep last night. Sounds like you have it a lot worse. Good luck!!
Audrey

Carole said...

Amber, I feel so bad when the little kids have to lose their binkie's. I'll never forget when I finally took my daughter's away and that was a long time ago. I had told her it was lost and she helped me look for it. The little kids are so cute. Sure wish we lived closer. I am thinking of coming to St. George this summer and visit my brother and if I do, I will call you.