In our family we seem to have hair issues. Chuck's is thin and balding, mine is thick but partially curly dotted with early greying (a not so great gene I got from my dad:). It seems like we have passed on some of our hair issues to the girls.
Bella really wants to have long hair. She asks me all the time when her hair is going to grow long. I don’t have the heart to tell her that she has her dad’s thin hair and it may never grow very long. Bella asked me the other day if I would cut my hair so it would be short like hers. My hair isn’t that long, but I am a ponytail girl. It needs to be somewhat long because the majority of the time I pull it back. I started this ponytail practice when I was in college. Then I had hair down to my waist, but usually only fixed it on Sundays for church. I always had a 7:30 a.m. class and I discovered that sleep was more important than beautiful hair. My mom was obviously worried about my hair because I remember coming home one weekend and she asked me if I always wore my hair in a ponytail. I think she worried I would never find a husband – good thing Chuck likes ponytails! I wasn’t sure what to tell Bella at the moment, but I know myself and right now I don’t have the desire for a haircut I have to actually do something with so at least for now it’s just going to stay the same. Who knows, maybe I'll get brave - but probably not!

Chuck keeps telling me that we need to shave Jenna’s hair off because it might help it get thicker. Jenna doesn’t have a lot of hair right now and it’s been growing for a year! If we shave it off she could be bald for a very long time and she won’t leave the bows in her hair anymore. In fact today I wanted to snap a quick picture of her in her dress before we went to church and she threw herself down, ripped off the bow and started screaming.
Bella really wants to have long hair. She asks me all the time when her hair is going to grow long. I don’t have the heart to tell her that she has her dad’s thin hair and it may never grow very long. Bella asked me the other day if I would cut my hair so it would be short like hers. My hair isn’t that long, but I am a ponytail girl. It needs to be somewhat long because the majority of the time I pull it back. I started this ponytail practice when I was in college. Then I had hair down to my waist, but usually only fixed it on Sundays for church. I always had a 7:30 a.m. class and I discovered that sleep was more important than beautiful hair. My mom was obviously worried about my hair because I remember coming home one weekend and she asked me if I always wore my hair in a ponytail. I think she worried I would never find a husband – good thing Chuck likes ponytails! I wasn’t sure what to tell Bella at the moment, but I know myself and right now I don’t have the desire for a haircut I have to actually do something with so at least for now it’s just going to stay the same. Who knows, maybe I'll get brave - but probably not!
Chuck keeps telling me that we need to shave Jenna’s hair off because it might help it get thicker. Jenna doesn’t have a lot of hair right now and it’s been growing for a year! If we shave it off she could be bald for a very long time and she won’t leave the bows in her hair anymore. In fact today I wanted to snap a quick picture of her in her dress before we went to church and she threw herself down, ripped off the bow and started screaming.
What’s a little girl to do if her parents shave her head and she won’t wear a bow? So I’m still up in the air with the hair shaving. One things for certain I'm definitely not doing it until I take her 1 year pictures.
I'm adding to this post because this afternoon I decided to look on the Internet and research shaving babies hair. Lots of contradictory opinions, but it seems the "experts" say it doesn't help. Hair thickness is all in the genes so I guess sweet Jenna gets to keep her straggles!



1 comments:
No way...you cant shave her head, at least let her have the little hair she does have ;-)
Post a Comment