Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Cutest Pumpkins!

Are these not the cutest pumpkins!
Trina and I have been trying to take the babies pictures in a pumpkin for weeks and we finally got around to making it happen. We actually did this with Isaac and Kambree when they were this age. It was a lot funnier experience this time though! There were so many cute pictures that it's going to take me awhile to edit them all so here's just a few that I did quickly.





This picture was before we cut the pumpkin down - I'll explain below.





It always seems like when Trina and I get together to take pictures something funny always happens. We had to gut the giant pumpkin so we could get the babies inside and Trina ended up with that nasty job. (I really don't like gutting the pumpkins!) About 5 minutes after she was done carving this is what I heard, "My hands, my hands, they feel like they're on fire. Oh they're burning. Ow, ow, ow!" She rushed to the sink to try and stop the burning. In the mean time I'm trying not to laugh wondering why suddenly her hands feel like they're burning up. Well Trina is allergic to most melons - can't eat cantaloupe or honeydew because it causes her throat to swell. And it turns out she must be allergic to pumpkins because her hands literally turned bright read and developed hives after gutting the pumpkin! Luckily I kept some of that spray they give you in the hospital after you've had a baby that's supposed to stop burning so we gave it a try and it gave her some relief. Just crazy!

Then we have to haul this giant pumpkin around to the picture taking spot in the stroller and carry two babies, the camera and other stuff we needed. I'm sure we looked comical wheeling a giant pumpkin down the sidewalk.

Let's just say Jenna didn't really want to sit down in the pumpkin. But once we got her in she actually was great. She was digging around inside, biting the side and just smiling away.

Bronson on the other hand could barely fit in the pumpkin - he's huge compared to Jenna. Then he couldn't sit up very well because he couldn't get his arms out so he kept falling forward. He was all tears and of course we didn't bring a knife to make adjustments to the pumpkin on the spot. We decided we would just have to try again the next day.
That night Chuck cut the pumpkin down for us and we headed out again the next evening to take a few more pictures. We went to another spot and the older men missionaries must have thought we were crazy as we wheeled the pumpkin up the walkway. They were really nice and helped us carry it around the mud and get it into place. Bronson was much happier this time.
Then I decided I wanted to take Jenna back to the first spot because we could hardly see her when the pumpkin wasn't cut down the night before. And I was so glad we did because Trina had bought the cutest vintage bow and pearls at the What Women Want Expo that morning and I just happened to notice it in her car and decided I had to take a few more pictures. Let's just say it was a lot of work, but we do some crazy things to get a few cute pictures!

3 comments:

Linz said...

Those are such cute pictures!! LOVE the bow and pearls too! Sorry that Trina's hands got hives! That's no fun at all! But at least the pictures are cute! ;)

Trina and Wes said...

I am so glad I bought that bow too, dang cute! And I am so glad we went back to the wheel. They look so cute!

fourballerinas said...

So funny! Bronson looks helpless and mad in that last picture. where were you at? That is a mighty big pumpkin! You guys crack me up!!!
Audrey