
Our theme for Halloween this year was Superheroes.
This would not have been My first choice, but Bella saw the pink superhero costume and just had to have it. It worked out well because Samuel really wanted to be a Power Ranger anyway. I couldn't find a baby superhero costume so I made Jenna's skirt and cape. And I must say they're a cute group!
This picture cracks me up because everyone is looking a different direction except at the camera.

The kids were having a great time running all around pretending to be superheroes while I was trying to get a few pictures. They wrestle and play fight each other all the time so the costumes just added to the excitement. Samuel and Bella also have a pretend superhero game they play with their action figures almost every day. The poor toys have been through quite a lot during this game. Let's just say that the superhero Barbie no longer has legs.

It's been awhile since I've sewn anything and while I was sewing her skirt I realized I miss it. There's just not enough hours in the day or week or month for that mater to do All the things I would like to do. Tis the season of life!

Isaac was super cute in his superman outfit. He's built like a brick so he looked adorable walking around in his little padded costume.

A pink superhero - fits Bella perfectly!
A little Halloween Trivia
Question: How long does it take to get 4 kids dressed in their costumes?
Answer: Exactly 1/2 hour. I know because I did it 4 different times for all of them within a couple of days. It's quite an effort to get everyone ready!
What your child looks like when according to them "it's the worst Halloween ever!!!"
Let's just say I was a little too on top of things Saturday evening. I started getting the kids ready to go Trick or Treating at 4:30 and by 5 we were out the door. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE else was out at 5, believe me we looked everywhere. Maybe no one else had a laundry room that was torn apart and needed to get back home so their husband could finish a big project we'd started, or maybe other parents thought it was not okay that their kids ate only candy for dinner - oh wait we'd never do that either! Anyway, there were no other kids out that early that we could see anywhere. Chuck told the kids as soon as we saw other trick or treaters we would stop. Well, we drove around for quite awhile and everyone was getting pretty upset, especially Samuel. Luckily as soon as the kids went to the first door they quickly forgot that this had been declared the worst Halloween ever.




4 comments:
Cute costumes. Samuel really would have thought it was the worst Halloween ever here. There was NO trick or treating for us this year. If we would have gone out on saturday people would have looked at us like we were trying to trick or treat on Christmas. They only did it on Sunday out here. Needless to say, we didn't trick or treat, or hand out candy.
Audrey
Oh, that's such a sad last picture! But the costumes are ADORABLE!!! Way to go!
We love candy for dinner on Halloween! ;-) Okay maybe not, but soup with family is always on the list.
I love how the costumes turned out and the pictures.
What beautiful children. Amber, the costumes are just adoreable as are the kids. I can't believe how that sweet little one has grown. I am so glad you post and put your pictures on. Love reading and looking.
Post a Comment