Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don't Eat That!!!

I hesitated writing this experience because it was really quite a disturbing incident, but like one of my wonderful friends likes to say sometimes you are just thankful that angels are watching out for these precious little ones.


I was standing by the table in the kitchen helping Samuel write sentences and sweet Jenna was crawling all around exploring every nook and cranny. She stood up against our sliding glass door and I just had to snap a picture of her cute little backside. Just look at those cute little rolls on her legs. A while later she was crawling by the track of the sliding glass door. I was still helping Samuel when I noticed she was digging in the track had pulled something out and was taking it to her mouth - she is in that stage where she eats everything! I said, "Oh no, no honey" which she usually just looks at me and eats whatever she is holding, but today instead of eating it she dropped it on the ground. I walked over to pick whatever it was off the ground to throw away and was horrified to see the following:

Yes, another baby scorpion!!!
Luckily it was dead, but if you look closely you can see the stinger in it's tail. I'm not sure how she managed to grab the thing and not get pricked. Someone was definitely watching out for my sweet baby today.
Every time the pest control people come I tell them we still have scorpions, I think I should get a refund after this incident!
(I'm starting to think we built our home on a colony of scorpions and I'll just be grateful the pest control is probably killing most of them. )

2 comments:

Linz said...

Oh My goodness!!! I am glad you caught her! Why do kids have to put everything in their mouths???!!

fourballerinas said...

Wow!! Glad it was dead and that it didn't sting her. The other night, Ava put a cigarette butt in her mouth that had blown over from our neighbor. He comes out on his driveway and smokes. I was so mad I wanted to go over and yell at him and throw it in his face. Brady made me refrain.