A couple of weeks ago we had our Primary Program and Samuel did such a great job on his part. I am the Primary Pianist so I was on the stand and I must admit I was a little nervous for Samuel to give his part. I'm not sure why because the kid can memorize things easily and had his part down pat, he talks plenty loud all the time and he's not in the least bit shy.
This was his part: I can listen to or read the Book of Mormon each day. Have you heard there is a party for anyone in primary who finishes the BOM in November. (He said the word party with such enthusiasm that he got a good laugh from the audience).
The reason I mention his primary part is because our family finished reading the BOM tonight! In January, our Primary Presidency challenged each child in primary to read or listen to the BOM this year and so we took this challenge as a family. Before this we were reading the little illustrated BOM to the kids and were kind of hit or miss on our reading. But this challenge has been such a blessing to our family for many reasons. First it got us to put away the illustrated books and just read straight from the BOM. Second we have developed a consistency in our family BOM reading. We rarely miss a night of reading and I feel this has really strengthened our family. I loved Elder Bednar's talk in Conference on consistency. I'm sure glad consistency is what he said matters because most nights the kids are all over the place while either Chuck or I read. It can be a little crazy at times!
Tomorrow night we are celebrating reaching our family goal and will be starting over on our reading!



1 comments:
YEAH YEAH YEAH! Im so excited we have another kids to come to the party!!! My kids are almost there! Doesnt it feel so great to know that your child has read the BofM. I didnt think my kids would understand too muhc of it, but they keep surprising me with SO much information that has been retained! In fact I think I have learned more this time then any other time I have read it too!
Post a Comment