Monday, November 9, 2009

The Rest of October


This is a long post to finish up our month of October.
For FHE we decorated our haunted candy house. Isaac was pounding the candy packages on the table and managed to break into several of them. The kids quickly ate up as much candy that spilled as they could. They had fun decorating, but I think they liked sneaking tastes of the candy even better!



Whenever I pull out the camera Isaac looks at me, says, "Cheese" and gives this great smile.

A couple of nights before Halloween the kids decorated their pumpkins. Since they can't really get in on the carving action I just got out the markers and stickers. They were having such a great time they could have kept going all night. Isaac loves to color so he was using all the markers on his pumpkin. Bella completely covered her pumpkin in stickers. And Samuel was having fun giving his pumpkin a "swine flu" shot with a marker and then covering it up with a sticker "bandaid". The kids and I got the swine flu shot about 3 weeks ago and obviously it had a lasting impression on Samuel.

I absolutely love trick or treating here! I just remember always freezing to death when I was a kid, but here the weather seems to always be so nice each year for trick or treating. All the kids had fun trick or treating, but Isaac seemed to enjoy it the most. He was just making us laugh with his little voice saying, "treat, treat" at every door and then saying, "bye, bye" and waving a million times at each door. When it was time to load up Isaac was the one who was screaming and throwing a fit. The other kids were tired of walking and figured they had enough candy, but Isaac was doing his arch to resist getting in the car seat and crying, "no button, no button" that's what he says when he doesn't want to get in his car seat. We finally got him to stop crying by giving him his pumpkin full of candy. On the drive home he pulled out every piece of candy to examine it. He was just so delighted with the fact that people were giving him so many treats.

How cute is this!

We went to the trunk or treat before beginning trick or treating. Isaac was not very happy at the trunk or treat. It was fun to have Grandma and Grandpa join us.


The weekend before Halloween we had the family birthday party of Bella and it was also Uncle Wes's birthday. We love when family comes to visit. My mom stayed with us for the next week. It was such a help to have her here on what was a very busy week for me. It's times like this that I wish our family lived closer!

Chuck measures the kids for each of their birthdays. It's fun to see how much they grow during the year.

Grandma and Grandpa brought many fun presents for Bella's birthday, but Grandma also brought Samuel a Star Wars figure. I think it's funny that all the toys I played with as a kid my kids are now playing with. Strawberry Shortcake and Star Wars!





Chuck and my dad also went deer hunting in October. They drew out for an area neither one of them were familiar with so they didn't get a deer.

0 comments: