Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Worth Every Penny

I've been having the "nesting" itch for several weeks now. On Monday I did something I've never done before - I had a cleaning company come in and do all those tasks that have been driving me crazy, but I haven't been able to get around to. And it was wonderful!

The house smelled so good as they cleaned all my fans, baseboards, blinds and the wood frames around all my windows. What took them 2.5 hours would have taken me the next several weeks to accomplish. I can't believe how much better I feel having these tasks done and it was worth every penny.

When Chuck got home from work he commented on how good it smelled. Then I proceeded to tell him how quick they were. He then asked, "How come they were so much quicker at cleaning than you are?" Now one thing he have to know about Chuck, clutter, dirt, disorganization it doesn't bother him a bit. So I knew he wasn't asking this in a mean way, but the obvious answer still made me laugh as I told him. "Let's see - there were two of them, they weren't big and pregnant, and they didn't have 3 little ones hanging on their legs as they tried to clean!" These factors tend to slow a person down!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I told Brand the other day I also needed someone to come clean the house...I can't keep up with it. Who did you get to do it by the way? I laughed at your cold sore story, not because you have one, but because I can see the kids just staring at it thinking, what is that? Especially Samuel who is always so curious. Funny!

Kaicie said...

I would love for someone to come and clean my house in the areas I never get around to. Loved the pictures for Bella's party and the invitation. I need the directions for the cake, I love it! I keep telling Blake we need to move back to Utah someday so you can take your pictures and I can learn all of your fun crafty things.