Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bella's Birthday



Bella's actual birthday was fun, but pretty low key. We're having the family party next weekend because Dad and Grandpa were deer hunting this weekend. I started the day by making Bella's favorite breakfast - pancakes with a special added twist - they were pink.



We played at the park.



We opened a few more presents. Aunt Trina made Bella some cute hairbows and bracelets that match Kambree's.



This was one of Bella's birthday present from us. The dollhouse bed. We decided since we got Samuel a fun bed Bella needed a fun bed too. We gave her a choice between a slide bed or the dollhouse bed and she choose this. The kids love to play on it, but Bella still sleeps most nights in Samuel's room.



We always take the kids to dinner for their birthday and when I asked Bella where she wanted to eat she said, "At home". I asked her again clarifying that we were going to go somewhere to eat then she replied, "Costco". She's had to many shopping trips with her daddy trying out all the samples. Then Aunt Trina suggested McDonald's which everyone immediately got excited about, but I squashed that idea. Call me crazy, but I think I'll be avoiding playland for the next several months. I don't usually get to worked up over germs, but it just seems like a good breeding ground for nasty flu viruses! So then I suggested Pirate Island and the kids were even more excited about that. They love this place! (So I'm sure the game room has just as many germs as playland, but it isn't as nasty as the slides in playland. I had to crawl in to rescue Isaac several months back and let's just say I don't want to ever do that again!)

Bella gave us a scare while eating dinner. She was choking on a piece of cheese and I as I was trying to dig it out of her mouth it broke off then I had to really dig for the remaining piece. So scary! I told the kids they had to finish all their pizza before we played games. Bella didn't want to finish her piece so she started fake coughing and told me she couldn't eat anymore because it was choking her. I didn't make her finish since it was her birthday! We were so glad Trina and Kambree joined us for the weekend!

2 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Cute cake, darling party, cute Bella pictures, fun dinner! Happy Birthday Bella! I'll be sure not to show my girls the picture of the bed. When we were shopping beds for them a few years ago they wanted that one too. We said "**** NO!" Well, maybe dad said that! Now that #4 is a girl, she will enjoy it too.
Audrey

fourballerinas said...

Too bad you're not here to take some of those adorable baby pictures of Ava.