Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Love October!


I haven't been very good about blogging lately, but we have been doing a few fun activities these last several weeks.

I just love this time of year! So many fun things to do with the kids from now until December. It's like one continual party! We started our October festivities a little early this year. I bought a packet for making carmel apples about a week before October and then one evening when I was feeling really snacky (which is pretty much every night, but for some reason I just couldn't resist those carmels any longer) I opened the bag. Then I knew if we didn't make the carmel apples it was going to be too late - I would finish the bag within a few nights with no apples to show for it! Just like I finished the bag of chocolate chips without making the cookies. (This is why I gain so much weight when I'm pregnant!) So we got a jump on the carmel apples this year. Isaac was trying to eat the candy with the wrapper still on.


Samuel is like his mommy - he loves the sweets. Notice the two of us scrapping every ounce of carmel off the wax paper.


Bella on the other hand took one bite of the carmel apple and was done. I instead found her eating a graham cracker. She prefers crackers over almost any sweet.



We took the kids to Heritage days at the park where they got to ride in the fire truck around the block and spray the fire hose. They also had cupcakes, cookies, chips, drinks they were handing out. It's no wonder I came home feeling a little sick!




The Saturday of General Conference we took a little ride with the kids. This actually turned out to be a great way to actually listen to talks. When we're at home trying to watch with the kids we usually only hear a tiny fraction of what is being said. But with the kids held captive in the car we were able to listen to most of what was said.
But it wasn't all fun. I needed to get pictures of Bella in the fall leaves for her birthday invitation (I will post these later, they actually turned out really cute) and Chuck wanted to take a little hike. When we reached the place where he wanted to hike after driving for well over an hour I realized this was not what I had in mind for the pictures and the kids didn't want to hike because they were cold. So we got back in the car and continued to drive and drive and drive looking for the perfect picture spot. Poor Isaac eventually got car sick and threw up all over - notice his very sad face. It was still freezing on top of the mountain, but we had to get out, eat and get the pictures taken.

the best part of the trip for the kids was finding acorns.

Poor Isaac was just mad, but we finally found the picture spot I was looking for.

3 comments:

fourballerinas said...

I love this time of year too. We were told about a cool pumpkin patch here too but between sick kids, new baby, and a dad that is never home (and when he is he's grumpy because he's so busy) we didn't make it out there. I guess we are just in survival mode right now. I can't believe how big Issac is getting. He looks so big with all that hair he's getting. It looks blonder than the other 2. They are all so cute. Audrey

Kristin said...

I had a hard time noticing Isaac's sick face because i was too busy smiling at the pink carseat he is sitting in ;-)
...I hope there is nothing wrong with buying chocolate chips and not making the cookies, because I do that everytime I go shopping. I'd rather eat chocolate chips then buy a candy. I tell myself that I will only eat a few of them, but come on chocolate chips are way to yummy to only eat a couple.

amber said...

I admit that is pretty bad making my little boy sit in a pink carseat!

Actually it's Bella's seat, and it's a long story of why Isaac is sitting in Bella's seat, but let's just say he doesn't typically sit in the pink seat!