
We had a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" Birthday Party for Bella this year. This was the picture I put on the invitation. The actual invitation said,
3 years ago, by the light of the moon,
we knew our little girl was coming soon.
She continued to grow and by and by
all too quickly she became
our beautiful butterfly!
I am doing Joy School with Bella this year and we have such a fun group of girls and amazing moms. We decided that we would celebrate the girls birthdays during Joy School so this week I did Bella's party. I just love planning birthday parties so I had a lot of fun with this theme and making cute decorations. Chuck as always was a big help getting everything done. He made the awesome grass that is decorating the island.
We began by reading the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" Book and then the girls made their own caterpillars.
Then we feed our giant hungry caterpillar by trying to throw bean bags into his mouth. I ended up moving the caterpillar back because the girls could really throw!
Then the girls got in their "cocoons" and hoped around the family room.
We made butterflies
And then they all got their own set of butterfly wings and we had fun dancing around with them.

Thanks everyone for the fun presents. (Samuel was quick to point out that Bella's Tinkerbell doll was very pretty!)
The caterpillar cake. One of my friends had made this for her daughter's birthday and I thought it was so cute that I decided to give it a try after all it looked really quick and easy. Well, it was easy, but not very quick. It took a long time to mix up all the colors of frosting, load the bags, change the tip and I feel like I move at a much slower pace when I'm pregnant. But I finally finished just before midnight - I haven't stayed up that late in months!
Happy 3rd Birthday Bella girl!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Bella's Birthday Party
Posted by amber at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment