Sunday, September 21, 2008

Misc. Happenings


The past two weeks Samuel has been taking swiming lessons at SHAC. The semi-private lessons we did a couple of months ago were so much better, but I had already paid and decided that he could use a little extra practice. He actually really loved going and since it was in the evening, Chuck would take him and Bella. This was wonderful for me because I got to stay home with the baby! This is Samuel with his teacher - she was really cute, no wonder he loved it! I did take him the last day of lessons and when I got his completion certificate she had written that Samuel was her favorite.

Samuel pushing Bella at our Ward party. Saturday we had our Ward party and even though that was our actually anniversary we decided we better go since we don't really know that many people yet. It's hard to get to know too many people when we spend most of the time in the hallway with the baby. Chuck made his dutch oven dish to share. My curse of having things go wrong whenever I sign up to take a dish somewhere must have rubbed off on Chuck. He put the coals on top of a rock and this slowed down the cooking when we were already in a hurry. He ended putting the dutch oven in the oven to finish cooking. Luckily church activities never start on time!

Isaac turned 5 months old and so I finally decided I could move him from our bedroom into the guest room. Here he is in the pack and play. Bella still has the crib so Isaac's in here for now. He's still getting up at least twice a night to eat so having him down the hall is a pain, but we like having our room back. He also rolled from his back to his belly yesterday.

I'm still working on Samuel and Isaac's construction room. We have lots of guests coming during October so I'm trying to get several little projects done. One is to get pictures of the boys hung up in their room. This was one I took of Isaac to add to the wall. He's at a hard age for taking pictures since he can't sit by himself yet.

0 comments: