Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our Week In Review - June 29, 2008

The highlite of the week was actually going on a date with Chuck on Thrusday night. We haven’t done that in a long time! Janice actually was to thank. I teach Sophie piano lessons and in exchange Janice watches Samuel and Bella. So we left them and took Isaac with us to see a sculpture exhibit at the St. George visitor’s center. There were 13 beautiful sculptures of Christ. They were all amazing, but my favorite was of Joseph Smith in the Sacred Garden with Christ and Heavenly Father. We were a little distracted during the tour, because it got started late and so it was time for Isaac to eat so he was a little fussy the entire time. Poor thing had his head buried trying to find milk and then resorted to sucking on his hand really loud. While I was bouncing him I also felt something warm running down my arm and realized he had a diaper leak. Luckily I had a black shirt on so you couldn’t see the spot on me!

On Friday evening we took the kids for a short little hike in Santa Clara to see the river. Chuck had gone on this trail before, but approached it from the backside. When we got there we saw several signs that the road was not a pulic access, but Chuck had already loaded the kids in the stroller and there was no way we could take it on the primitive trail so he talked me into walking on the "forbidden" road. And wouldn’t you know it, I was behind Chuck walking with Samuel and a lady pulls up to us and tells me the road is closed to public access etc. etc. Since we were already so close she did however let us continue. Then we got to the river and it was blazing hot no shade. We didn’t stay very long at that spot. I had gone to a better spot on the river with Janice earlier so we took the kids there instead and it was actually in the shade. The kids had a great time playing around in the water.

We had another problem with our air conditioner this week. I was washing laundry and noticed water was leaking from the ceiling. The contractor came out and realized a drain hadn’t been sealed properly. While they were working on that issue, Chuck realized they had forgot to bring down the vent in the kids bathroom. We’ve had different men here all week fixing things.

I’ve been walking early every morning before Chuck goes to work. The trail by our home is shady in the morning so it’s just perfect. I took the baby a couple of mornings, but despite the beauty was bored. So I began taking Samuel with me. He rides his bike and I help pull him along. Talking with him makes the walk not so boring for me.

* Samuel – since it’s so hot now he always asks when we leave the house if he’s going to get dehydrated. Chuck’s been working in the yard and told Samuel we have to drink lots of water to avoid dehydration so now constantly asks about it. On our hike Samuel saw power lines and said, "look mom there’s a string in the air". And we finally got Samuel to stay in nursery this week by bribing him with Jello. All Sunday morning he was telling us he wasn’t going to nursery. He said the treats at the new nursery hurt his belly. Then he said he wanted to go back to the old house so he could go to the old nursery. But a little treat goes a long way with getting Samuel to do something! He had a great time this week talking to the piano tuner and all the workers. The piano tuner said he had never seen a little kid so interested in what was going on. Samuel chats up everyone that comes to the house asking them all sorts of questions and then telling them all kinds of stories. (He reminds me of a brother of mine!)

* Bella – fell off the table twice yesterday. She climbs on the table to get into her booster seat and then climbs on the table and onto another chair to get back down. The only problem is sometimes she doesn’t hit the other seat on the way down. With her constant climbing and no sense of fear she worries me on a daily basis! On Saturday I was in the garage helping Chuck get the Jeep started and came back in the house to find that Bella had climbed up in the bassinet with Isaac. Poor guy had been sleeping until Bella decided to join him. Luckily I found her before she dumped him out or tipped them both over. She also stayed in nursery this week!

* Isaac – had a major case of cradle cap this weekend and had Chuck and I thinking he had some bad growth on the side of his head. We were so worried, but then after doing a little research realized it wasn’t serious

0 comments: