Happy Birthday to my wonderful hubby! The kids and I really are lucky to have this guy in our lives.
Age is a relative thing, and because our kids are young I also tend to think we are younger than we really are. So I’m always a little shocked when it’s one of our birthdays and I’m reminded how old we really are – for example, Chuck’s 20th class reunion is coming up in a couple of weeks! Really, how did that happen?
When the kids woke up I reminded them it was their daddy’s birthday and Bella instantly had to hurry and make Chuck a card before he left for work. She drew a rainbow with a birthday cake and then our whole family. Is that not so sweet. Too bad my legs aren’t really as long as this picture would imply!
We don’t really buy each other gifts anyway, but Chuck made sure and told me in advance not to get him anything because he already had in mind what he was getting himself. We actually both love this setup – obviously neither of our “love languages” is gift giving! But the kids wanted to get daddy something so we took balloons, pizza and a Obi Wan pez dispenser to his office. Let’s just say the candy lasted about 2 seconds.
We took the pizza to the park and had a great time eating and playing. It was cloudy, but boy was it humid for here in the desert.
Jenna LOVES to swing and what could be better than having her daddy right there.
Smiles quickly turned to screams when Isaac decided he wanted a turn.
We made Chuck the Mississippi Mud cake – super yummy!
The kids were a little disappointed with the birthday celebrations. While I was frosting the cake Bella was standing beside me and excitedly asked, “Oh, what kind of cake is daddy going to have? A shoe cake?” I looked down at the cake and sure enough my frosting pattern looked a little like a shoe. But I told her no, he was just having a plain birthday cake. She was a little disappointed but then excitedly asked, “Where are the decorations?” and Isaac chimed in with, “Oh, are we having a Thomas party?”. Again they were all a little sad when I said we didn’t have any decorations. Then Samuel wanted to know where daddy’s pile of presents was. Sorry kids, but around here birthdays just aren’t as exciting for us parents!
And to finish the night we took Samuel and Bella to The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn. It was fabulous! The show didn’t start until 8:45 so we weren’t sure how long the kids would hold out. Luckily they both took a little late nap and weren’t bored at all. They also never said a word about being tired even though the show was delayed twice for 20 minutes each time due to rain. This caused us not to get done until after midnight. We were lucky because we actually had seats very near the back of the amphitheater so when it started to rain we weren’t even getting wet. They stopped the show and most people filed out to try and get shelter from the rain. Then they made an announcement that the show was going to resume so everyone made their way back to their seats. They started the show and I’m not even kidding, but about 1 minute later it began to pour! They stopped the show right in the middle of the song and again made the announcement the show would be delayed another 20 minutes. This time it was really coming down and I felt even luckier we weren’t getting wet. Everyone filed out of their seats again and people were really getting soaked this time. Chuck was watching the radar on his phone and it looked like it was going to pass pretty quickly and sure enough at the end of the delay they said the show was going to resume. Yet again everyone filed back to their seats and I was surprised to see that hardly anyone had actually left for good. The show then went on and we were supper glad it didn’t get canceled. We loved this production and had a wonderful fun night together!


0 comments:
Post a Comment