My Boys – what can I say, most of the time they are loud and rambunctious. These boys of mine like to wrestle, light saber fight and pretty much pester each other nonstop. But today I was reminded of the love they have for each other.
We have a rule in our house that you have to eat all your dinner if you want a snack before bed or desert if we happen to have something tasty. Isaac has not been good about eating dinner for quite awhile now so he regularly misses out on treats. The poor guy even had to miss eating Chuck’s yummy birthday cake the past two nights. Today when we were coming home from the library, Samuel asked if we could have cake after lunch. I said they could if they ate their lunch and then commented that maybe Isaac would actually be able to finally eat a piece of cake too.
Samuel and Bella quickly finished their sandwiches, but Isaac decided he couldn’t eat the rest of his sandwich. I reminded him that if he wanted a piece of yummy cake he had to finish his sandwich. He again told me he was done eating. So I told him there would be no cake.
Samuel with a very tender tone of voice asked, “Mommy, if I eat the rest of Isaac’s sandwich will you let him have a piece of cake?”.
My heart just wanted to melt. The three of us then made a compromise because really, how could I refuse to grant such a tender hearted request. Isaac ate one more bite, Samuel finished the rest and everyone enjoyed a piece of cake. I hope these boys of mine will not only be brothers, but friends.
Eating chocolate cake
I took the boys pictures together in January for my scrapbook, but never posted them on my blog. I figure now is a great time to show a few pictures of these guys together doing what they love best. (I can’t believe how young Isaac looks in these pictures – his hair is so long and curly now.)
Turning building blocks into grenades.
Star wars figures fighting each other to the death.
Racing cars
Laughing about everything.
And their favorite – wrestling until someone gets hurt!


1 comments:
The picture of the boys in your kitchen....Well Samuel looks so grown up in that one! Your little family is growing up!! Oh yeah no baby yet for me :-) No surprise there right!
Post a Comment