It's 1:12 a.m. and we were awoken from our pleasant slumber with the dreaded words from Samuel, "Mom, Dad there's a BIG problem! Issac puked all over the bed." Chuck grumbles as he looks at his watch and we both roll out of bed to take care of the problem. I'm lucky to have a husband who assists in this type of situation because really I'm a wimp when it comes to puke. I have to pull out the nose plugs to keep from adding to the problem myself!
Chuck quickly pulls off all the bedding and I take care of getting Isaac new pj's, wiping him off and comforting him. The whole time I'm wondering how Bella can still be asleep in Samuel's room with all this comotion taking place. Then Chuck turns on the kids bathroom light and says, "Who puked all over the floor." It's at this point that Bella emerges from her own room and says she did.
Now here's where the story turns really good! Bella never ceases to amaze me with her indepedant streak. (Sometimes it almost kills me like when she began changing her own poopy diapers well before she turned 2.)
I tell Bella to come downstairs and I'll help her change her pj's. She then informs me she already changed her own pj's and put them in the dirty clothes - amazing huh. Then I notice a little spot of puke in her hair and tell her I'll help her get cleaned up. Chuck starts questioning her about how she could have puke in her hair if she'd puked on the bathroom floor. Then the wild story unfolds.
Bella: "It's the worst night ever! There's so much puke! I puked in my sleeping bag in Samuel's room. Then I went to my dollhouse bed to sleep and puked there. Then I puked in the bathroom."
Yikes! Yes, she really had puked in all those places and made a giant mess. A 4 year old pukes 3 times in the night, changes her own clothes and doesn't even wake anyone up to help her! Independant - Yes, but let's just say I'm extremely glad we found this in the middle of the night and it didn't sit around until morning.
So we spent 40 minutes cleaning up all these puking messes. Poor Chuck was lamenting that his mom was really good at cleaning up puke and he sure wished she was around to help with this mess. Now normally a wife doesn't like to hear that his husband wants his mom, but you know what I wanted someone to help too! Like I said I'm not good at puke!
Then Chuck decided to pull the couches onto the concrete so the kids could sleep on them with bowls and directions if they missed the bowl to hit the concrete not the carpet. I got up twice more with Bella because I heard her. Then the baby woke up at 4 and needed to nurse. I was so tired it took me until 4:30 to finish because I kept drifting in and out of sleep. Then Isaac woke up just before 6 feeling great and ready to start the day.
What a night - we all have them! I'm just super glad both kids woke up feeling great. Now just praying this little bug doesn't infect anyone else. And greatful I have a big front loading washing machine because it took me 3 loads to wash all the stinky bedding, blankets and pillows.

Little Miss Independant!
Chuck quickly pulls off all the bedding and I take care of getting Isaac new pj's, wiping him off and comforting him. The whole time I'm wondering how Bella can still be asleep in Samuel's room with all this comotion taking place. Then Chuck turns on the kids bathroom light and says, "Who puked all over the floor." It's at this point that Bella emerges from her own room and says she did.
Now here's where the story turns really good! Bella never ceases to amaze me with her indepedant streak. (Sometimes it almost kills me like when she began changing her own poopy diapers well before she turned 2.)
I tell Bella to come downstairs and I'll help her change her pj's. She then informs me she already changed her own pj's and put them in the dirty clothes - amazing huh. Then I notice a little spot of puke in her hair and tell her I'll help her get cleaned up. Chuck starts questioning her about how she could have puke in her hair if she'd puked on the bathroom floor. Then the wild story unfolds.
Bella: "It's the worst night ever! There's so much puke! I puked in my sleeping bag in Samuel's room. Then I went to my dollhouse bed to sleep and puked there. Then I puked in the bathroom."
Yikes! Yes, she really had puked in all those places and made a giant mess. A 4 year old pukes 3 times in the night, changes her own clothes and doesn't even wake anyone up to help her! Independant - Yes, but let's just say I'm extremely glad we found this in the middle of the night and it didn't sit around until morning.
So we spent 40 minutes cleaning up all these puking messes. Poor Chuck was lamenting that his mom was really good at cleaning up puke and he sure wished she was around to help with this mess. Now normally a wife doesn't like to hear that his husband wants his mom, but you know what I wanted someone to help too! Like I said I'm not good at puke!
Then Chuck decided to pull the couches onto the concrete so the kids could sleep on them with bowls and directions if they missed the bowl to hit the concrete not the carpet. I got up twice more with Bella because I heard her. Then the baby woke up at 4 and needed to nurse. I was so tired it took me until 4:30 to finish because I kept drifting in and out of sleep. Then Isaac woke up just before 6 feeling great and ready to start the day.
What a night - we all have them! I'm just super glad both kids woke up feeling great. Now just praying this little bug doesn't infect anyone else. And greatful I have a big front loading washing machine because it took me 3 loads to wash all the stinky bedding, blankets and pillows.

Little Miss Independant!


3 comments:
I hate puke too! Luckily my kids have always made it to the toilet..lucky huh!
I no, I am so sorry, I hear it's going around and I am praying we don't get it. I hate nights like those, I hope you get through today ok.
We had one of those nights just a few weeks ago- right after new years. Up all night with 2 puking kids and then Dad puking in the morning. Can't believe that Bella was taking care of it herself. Too bad she didn't wash out sleeping bag and change the sheets too. What a little independent spirit. You're gonna love her when she comes home for her first summer after college. She cracks me up.
Audrey
Post a Comment