Sunday, September 19, 2010

Living with Wild Animals!

Sometimes I wonder if I'm living in a zoo with wild animals!


Samuel wanted to go to Marv's for dinner in celebration because he finished his big 100 lesson reading book. Yeah for Samuel!
At home Samuel had gathered a quarter for each of the kids so they could get a treat out of the machines. When we got there, the place was packed so Chuck hurried to get in line and all the kids scattered in various directions with their quarters. I was holding the baby and trying to keep an eye on everyone.
Then I heard a collective gasp from a few people behind me and turned around to see Bella on the floor quickly gathering and eating candy. Apparently her candy had escaped the machine and hit the floor scattering everywhere. There were two young couples sitting in a booth near where the incident was taking place. They didn't have any kids, but one of the girls was pregnant. They were looking at Bella frantically eating candy off the floor with a look of horror and amusement in their eyes as they tried to keep from laughing. (I remember those days before I had kids of my own and I would look at people with their kids and think, my child will never do something like that! Probably why I now have children that do that sort of thing you swore you'd never let them do all the time!)
Because she was creating a scene, I felt like I needed to be a "good" mom and tell her that we shouldn't eat candy off the floor, but I was holding the baby and when Bella makes up her mind about something it's pretty hard to keep her from doing it. I was trying to grab her arm and pull her up off the floor, but in the mean time, Isaac ran up and started eating the candy off the floor. At that point I just looked at the couples and laughingly said, "Oh don't mind my kids!".

Hiding under the table, wearing crazy clothes and messy hair - another thing I swore my kids would never do!

And then Isaac took his straw blew water all over the table and slurped it up. Of course that was better then when a few minutes later he abandoned the straw and just put his tongue on the table and licked it up.
To top of the evening, as we were trying to get ready to go Chuck tipped over a full glass of water right in my lap! (Chuck wants everyone to know that I had stacked the cups on the tray about 4 high and the top one had all of the ice and water. It was not a very stable setup.) And that is why sometimes I wonder if we're living in a zoo. But at least it's always entertaining around here!


We took the kids to the rodeo parade. It was a pretty good size parade, but they didn't throw very much candy. The kids had a great time and quickly ate the few pieces of candy they managed to gather.

Now Bella girl was just a mess! She literally fell in the gutter full of water at least 4 or 5 times. I'm not sure what she was doing to keep falling, but her skirt was dripping wet. I was sitting on the grass in the shade with the baby and looked up to see Bella down on her knees drinking water from the gutter! Now eating candy off the floor doesn't really bother me, but drinking water out of the gutter that is just GROSS! Finally Chuck saw what she was doing and put a stop to it. He had to stop her from trying to get a drink several more times. Oh what to do with this crazy girl of mine!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Ok I just laughed and laughed at this post, I have been there. And I don't care too much when the candy falls on the floor either. Better then putting up a fight ha ha ha. And you last post, wow, you are super mom! You do so many fun things with your kids :) BTW I have you cookie dough and your dollar, I will bring them to you this week :)

fourballerinas said...

Water from the gutter- yeah, that is GROSS!!! What a hilarious story. Good thing you wrote it down so you can tell her all the crazy things she did as a little girl. That's great that Issac got in the water. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.Wish we had a church farm. Nothing like that around here. Have some yummy peach jam for me. We made some strawberry jam last week.
Audrey

Carole said...

Amber, I love this post. I can't believe you had the energy to write it all down, most people would have taken them home and put them all to bed. I love your blogs and stories.