Friday, September 3, 2010

6 Months


My sweet baby Jenna at 6 months.
I have lots of other 6 month pictures, but as always I'm behind on editing. This one was one of my favorites. And since she will be 7 months tomorrow I thought I'd better write a little about what she's been doing this past month.


This month she began to feed herself little puff crackers but has since moved on to Cheerios. I just love those little fingers working so hard to pick things up and transfer them successfully to the mouth. I love that she can sit in her chair and feed herself while we are all eating at the table. The kids also love to see her feed herself and are always giving her more to eat.

She also likes to "stand" by herself. She can actually stay this way for a long time if no one tries to "help" her and knocks her down instead.

And all month she's been on the go. She doesn't crawl in the traditional way, she instead moves like a caterpillar or it actually reminds me of the worm breaking dancing move. It's amazing how fast she can get around if she really wants something. The other morning I briefly lost track of her because she was hiding under the bed. She had actually pushed that round cylinder in the picture out from under the bed. Now every morning while I am getting ready she worms her way under the bed. I guess she finds some interesting things under there! She also is always worming her way onto the concrete floor to pick up any little crumbs or toys the kids drop. The other day I found her under the table eating some rice Isaac had thrown on the ground. Sometimes I just can't sweep fast enough!
This little girl gets so much love from everyone. One of the kids is constantly hugging her, kissing her, trying to drag her around or giving her toys. I don't think she ever has a moments peace! The poor thing sometimes looks at the other kids and just lets out a yell as if to say, "enough already"!
We sure do LOVE our little Bug a Boo!

2 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Wow, she sure is growing fast! What a cutie
Audrey

things we love... said...

Amber.. it is Mel!! I had to check out your kids! They are getting so big and they are so gorgeous!!! I wish I lived closer so you could take our pictures. I will have to let you know when we come down that way and set up an appt. You do such a phenomenal job!!!!