Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When a Good Idea Goes Awry

The red dirt here stains everything and drives me crazy! I'm pretty uptight about getting red dirt on my carpet so when the kids go out to play I tell them they're either in or out there's no going in and out, in and out. So several weeks ago Samuel decided he was going to pee outside. This was a great idea I thought - it's an advantage little boys have and then he didn't have to go in and out with the red dirt trailing behind. This then became his daily ritual every time he was outside. Chuck saw him and wasn't sure it was such a good idea, but I assured him it was a great idea. Then the last few nights while Chuck and the kids were working outside Bella told Chuck she was going to pee outside. Chuck told her she couldn't pee outside because she was a girl and girls don't do that. Bella threw a huge fit when Chuck hauled her in to use the potty.

Fastforward to Monday night - again Chuck and the kids were outside working in the yard. I look out the window and see Bella running around with no pants or underwear. I opened the door and asked her what she was doing. She ran up to me and said her hand was dirty and then wiped something on my hand. It was at that point I realized it was a little piece of poop! YUK!
Me: "Bella, did you have an accident!"
Bella: "No. I poop outside."
Me: "Chuck! I need you!"

We discovered that indeed Bella had shed her clothing and then proceeded to poop outside by the playhouse. I guess she figured since she couldn't pee outside she would try the other. We then informed both kids that there was a new rule: No one goes potty ouside!

3 comments:

fourballerinas said...

I think that's a great rule- even for boys!! When they are 6 and still peeing outside (at recess) it can become a problem. Kayla has seen a few boys outside and I've had to lift her bottom jaw back into place. We can't even get her to pee in a lake. Funny how boys and girls are so different- well, some boys and girls. I guess Bella is an exception.
Audrey

Kristin said...

...and I thought cleaning up dog poop outside was bad.

Linz said...

Oh man! HAHA! Good luck with that!