Sunday, April 5, 2009

Isaac's Early Birthday Celebration

Photobucket
Happy 1st Birthday Isaac!

(His actual birthday isn't for another week, but we had an early celebration this weekend to make it easier for my family to be here.)

Isaac's birthday theme was "SO BIG". It always amazes me how much these precious little babies grow in a year - and he really has gotten SO BIG. To go with the "SO BIG" theme I made the giant cupcake (thanks Kaicie for the cupcake idea!), Grandma made Isaac a giant riceball which he did not want to stop eating and of course the vege's were just for fun.

I took a ton of pictures - 1st birthdays are special - so here are just a few.

This cake was much easier to make and decorate than Samuel's cake I made last week. Thank goodness!





Isaac usually eats anything I give him, but he was a bit hesitant about taking a taste of the cupcake. Chuck finally had to shove a piece of frosting in his mouth so he would finally take a bite. Once he got a taste he didn't want to stop and kept taking bigger and bigger bites.









The other kids were jealous of Isaac's giant riceball!

3 comments:

Trina and Wes said...

I LOVE the cute pictures! And now I am so excited to make a SO BIG cupcake for Kambree's birthday!

Jan said...

Soo cute!! Great cake and lighting!!

Linz said...

I LOVE that cupcake! SO cute! WHat a great theme! I can't believe he's one already! He is just so cute!!!!