
My sweet baby Isaac turned 1 today! How the last year has flown!
My favorite time of each day is nursing Isaac just before he falls asleep at night. There is usually noise and chaos in the rest of the house as Chuck runs around playing games with Samuel and Bella. But I take my baby to the quite room with the rocking chair where I’ve watched him grow as I’ve held him each night in my arms and looked into those big blue eyes. Many nights tears have come to my eyes as I look at this precious baby and am so thankful for him. I often wish I could slow time down not knowing if another baby will fill my arms again. I try and savor every moment of this precious time. What JOY it is to be a mother! Happy Birthday my sweet boy!
It was a rough delivery for my boy. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 4 oz. which was really big for mommy! The poor guy was quite the sight when he arrived - he looked like a little old grumpy man with his head all bruised and eyes so swollen he could hardly open them.

Samuel and Bella meeting Isaac for the first time. I look at this picture and can't believe how much each of my kids has grown this year. Samuel and Bella love Isaac so much. They can be pretty rough with him, but being the third baby in three years he's got to be tough.

We celebrated Isaac's birthday early, but we did take everyone for ice cream tonight.

Isaac loves to play with Bella's kitchen. Samuel always wants Isaac to play in his room, but Isaac will choose Bella's room every time.

Playing the piano has become one of Isaac's daily activities. He loves to hear the noise it makes.

Isaac is showing no signs of wanting to walk, but we can't keep him away from the stairs. He actually is really good at climbing, but needs some work on coming down safely.

It's been really fun to watch Isaac's personality develop. He is my little sunshine baby always quick to flash a smile, but he can throw giant fits when he doesn't get what he wants, or if one of the kids takes a toy from him. Here he is throwing one of those fits.




5 comments:
Happy Birthday Isaac!! I can't believe he's one!! WOW! And can I just say - HOLY EYES!!! Those are amazing eyes! What a sweet angel!
The very top picture is So beautiful I love the way the light plays in his eyes.
I am so glad you are going to help out at the Primary Quarterly Activity, I think it's going to be a blast.
Happy Birthday to Issac. I didn't remember that he weighed that much when he was born. That is the same weight Alyssa was. Big enough for me and I'm sure too big for you. It must be a 3rd child thing- throwing big fits when they don't get what they want. Alyssa is a champion at big fits. I find it so facinating to watch there personalities develop. I always wonder is that is their genetic personality or a product of their siblings around them. Probably a combination of the two. Boy, I couldn't wait until Alyssa could walk. She wanted nothing more than to follow her big sisters around and she'd whine because she couldn't keep up. Once she was on her feet, she didn't whine so much anymore. Are you still nursing him? Is he the longest one you've nursed? This is the first baby you've had turn 1 without being pregnant isn't he? Glad you guys are doing well.
Wow! He's getting big! Gonna be a heart breaker for all those girls one day!
Post a Comment