Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Who’s The Fairest of Them All

The time had finally arrived for my sister to cash in on one of the birthday favors I owed her. Kambree was turning 4 and wanted a princess party. The only problem was she really wanted Cinderella to come to her party and we don’t have that princess costume. Luckily one of the girls in Trina’s ward had a Cinderella costume and sweet Shemri (we went to high school together and Trina moved into her ward– isn’t the world so small sometimes!) agreed to play the part of Cinderella while I was Snow White.

IMG_3144-1 

Shemri and I were laughing so hard as we donned our costumes because really Disney princesses aren’t 30 something with wrinkles and gray hair! Shemri did a fabulous job as Cinderella, she was coming up with all sorts of fun and crazy things to say to the girls. I was sort of the lame princess who for the life of me couldn’t come up with such clever things as sparkles coming out of my shower!

A couple of days before the party I was trying on the Snow White costume and wig. After I put on the wig, Bella took one look at me and said maybe I would look better with the bow in my hair (the wig really was ugly!). After trying on the bow she took another long look and said maybe I should put on the costume. After I was in costume she paused and said maybe I should put on the shoes. When you’re counting on the possibility of the shoes making you look better you’re just out of luck! Samuel came into the room and said I was making him uncomfortable! Now to be fair, I didn’t have on makeup and the wig was really hideous! I decided I better not wear the wig the day of the party and that was a good call.

IMG_3178-4

The girls seemed to have a great time and no one noticed that Bella kept calling me mom and Trina and Grandma kept calling me Amber instead of Snow White! And we got another use out of Chuck’s castle creation.

IMG_3225-5

2 comments:

Linz said...

Oh my goodness! How much do I love your Snow White costume?!? There aren't enough words! You look adorable! Sparkles in the shower... Awesome! :) So cute!

Shemri and Gang said...

Seriously, I look like the giant Cinderella next to the darling Snow White! I really have no words!