Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Week of Summer–It was a Busy One!

Our first official week of summer was a busy one!

IMG_2625-6

Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit.

IMG_2612-5

We celebrated Grandpa’s birthday. My uncle Tracy, aunt Laura and their girls were in town so they also dropped by for the party along with Trina and Wes. We had a house full!

IMG_2601-3

We took the kids on a new hike to see petroglyphs. I can’t believe it was the end of May and we had to break out the jackets! Of course it was early in the morning and we are sort of wimps when it comes to cool temperatures.

IMG_2609-4

We had so much fun on this hike we decided to do the hike again this time taking Grandma and Grandpa along.

IMG_2633-7

That day it was not cold!

IMG_6631-8-7

Chuck set up our “redneck” pool and even Isaac was willing to take a dip this year.

IMG_6641-11-10

IMG_2652-8

We took a bike ride to the park.

IMG_2663-10

We made an early morning trip to the sand dunes in Snow Canyon with friends.

IMG_2664-11

IMG_2656-9

We spent time swimming with dear friends who have moved, but were in town for a visit.

IMG_6681-1

We played outside before it gets too blazing hot!

IMG_6733-16

We made suckers by melting Jolly Ranchers – thanks for the idea Kristin! Super easy and the kids loved them.

IMG_6712-13

While Chuck was home during lunch I had him help with the Coke and Mentos experiment. I wanted to capture the explosion and knew I wouldn’t be able to by myself.

IMG_6714-14

And it didn’t disappoint! I forgot to warn Chuck that it would instantly explode and squirt quite high. Love the look on his face as he was trying to quickly jump out of the way!

IMG_6715-15

Look at those faces! In the next instant Isaac completely took off running. It was fabulous! Samuel then had the great idea that next time we should put the pop in our mouths and then add a Mento just to see what happens. I think we’ll give it a try. Maybe Chuck will be our guinea pig!

IMG_6497-2-2

Samuel started baseball and has games two nights a week. I’m so glad baseball is the only sport he really likes and that the season is quick.

IMG_6511-3-3

Because keeping these three out of trouble during the baseball games is tiring business!

IMG_6755-18

Samuel also had karate promotions.

IMG_6824-20

He is now a blue belt. He tells me all the time is goal is to get a black belt. I’m sure he will do it!

IMG_2670-23

We took the kids to the very tiny museum at the airport. They were having a couple of planes do a demonstration.

IMG_2676-24

As I sat in the cockpit I thought this was another thing I would NEVER want to do. I imagined being in that cramped space with the hatch closed for hours and I know I’d go crazy. I need room to move!

IMG_2668-21

With school out, I’ve gotten back into early morning running or biking with Samuel and sometimes the other kids tag along. This weekend we took the kids on a new adventure right by the house. We live in a beautiful area! 

IMG_2669-22

Eventually everyone was in tears! It was a little long and steep for Samuel and Bella and the other kids were just hot in the trailer even though it was early. Poor Chuck, Samuel and I finally took off at a faster pace and left him with the three crying kids. He’s a wonderful patient dad!

IMG_6864-28

And this is what our fridge and pretty much most of our house looks like. I finally convinced Chuck that as soon as summer started he needed to help the kids and I learn to speak Spanish. The vast majority of time while he is at home he just speaks to us in Spanish. Of course from time to time the kids tell him they don’t understand what he is telling them and then he will speak in English. After our first week, I feel like I get the jest of most things he is saying although there is no way I could speak anything yet. Isaac is doing great at picking up words. Jenna made me laugh this week when she told Grandma on the phone that she was the baby, guagua (baby in Spanish) princess. Thanks to Chuck for going along with another one of my crazy ideas!

Yep, we’re off to a fun filled summer!

0 comments: