Sunday, November 6, 2011

Signs of a “Good” Mom

IMG_9069-1

Before I had kids I pictured this as a sign of a “good” mom. Staying up late, creating a huge disaster, roping the hubby into helping with the projects. Now I know this is just the sign of a “crazy” mom!

IMG_2134-1

This is the picture of what I know hold as the standard of a “good” mom. Letting go, realizing lots of what I worry about doesn’t matter one little bit, living in the moment, forgetting the to do list, soaking up the priceless expressions on my kids faces, being busy with the “best” things not just the “good” things.

You see, there was a time when there would have been no way I would have let Bella pick out these balloons for her birthday party. She was having a Princess Tea Party, not a Strawberry Shortcake party and we certainly didn’t need the Get Well balloon and the colors weren’t right, but this is what she picked out all by herself and she was happy as could be. The lady blowing up the balloons even called me over to inform me that I had a Get Well balloon in the stack. I told her it didn’t matter just blow it up. Yep, learning to let go of the things that don’t matter can be fun!

IMG_9076-2 

Then this happens and you realize for all your efforts to be a “good” mom you’re still going to fall short sometimes!

The morning of Bella’s Joy School Birthday Party I was running around trying to help Ariel get ready, putting up the decorations, etc. Mind you, Joy School starts at 9:30 so that’s a lot to get done in a little time frame. Well, this is what happens when you just let the kids do whatever so you can do your thing. Jenna got into Aunt Trina’s bag and found the Destin, using it as lotion all over her face. She came wondering out of the bedroom looking like this literally two minutes before the first guest arrived. Luckily, Chuck pulled up about the same time so he was able to fix this mess! Life is never dull at our house!

2 comments:

fourballerinas said...

So funny. That last picture CRACKS me up. Love the balloons too.

Kristin said...

I remember calling poison control once because I had a kid who decided to EAT desitin....gross huh!