Yesterday I was having a really rough day and just feeling miserable. I was sitting on the couch watching the kids play and blurted out, "I feel like I'm dying"! So this probably is not the best thing to say around your kids because sweet little Bella looked up at me with such concern and said, "Oh mommy, you not feel well. You dying". Then Samuel looked at me and said in a very huffy puffy way, "Well, you don't look like you're dying". No sympathy from him for sure!
Then tonight I was sitting down and Bella comes over to me with her shirt pulled up and said, "My belly getting big" (some days she tells me she has a baby in her belly). I told her her belly wasn't getting big, but asked the kids, "Why is mommy's belly getting bigger"? Samuel looked at me and said, "Because you eat too many treats". Well, I do eat all day long - do fries and pizza count as treats?
Another great Samuel pregnancy story that I must write down so I don't forget. It was just a week or so after I found out I was pregnant and I was already feeling so tired and sick. I was just sitting on the couch not doing anything when Samuel looked down from the stairs and said, "Mom, why are you being so lazy?". I said Samuel do you know what lazy means and he said, "It means you're not doing anything". Well he was right I wasn't doing anything. It was at this point I decided I needed to tell him why I wasn't doing anything and why I wouldn't be doing anything for weeks!
I had him come downstairs and I told him the reason I wasn't feeling well was because I had a baby in my belly. He was so cute because he got all excited and said, "Heavenly Father is sending us another baby! Oh, I hope it's a girl!".
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
A Few Pregnancy Stories
Posted by amber at 8:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I love your little Samuel, he is so cute with the things he says. I love when he comes over to play and Stock will mimic how he talks ha ha ha. Your kids are so cute, can't wait to see what this next one will be. And I hope, hope, hope, you get feeling better soon!
That is such a sweet story! Samuel is such a cutie! I hope you feel better soon!
I hate to say it, but reading about how sick you are makes me SOOO greatful to be not pregnant anymore!
Just goes to show you the differences in sympathy from an early age. Men/boys just don't get it do they!! Funny stuff. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon- then back to feeling miserable like me! This one has put me over the edge and I swear that someone is snipping something because I'm definately DONE!!!
Audrey
Post a Comment