For days I had been going out our front door and seeing little droppings all around. I just thought they were from mice. Then about 2 weeks ago my friend Janae was leaving our home and said you know those are bat droppings don't you. We both looked up and then the screaming began. Janae let out a scream first and I followed suit as I realized there was a bat hanging just outside the front door. As she was getting into her van she informed me there was another bat on the other side of the door. Upon further examination I realized there were 2 bats on that side for a total of 3 bats hanging outside our front door! YUK!
When Chuck got home from work he tried to spray them off with the hose but that didn't work. The poor little creatures just hung there getting soaked. I was not pleased to have the creatures hanging outside my door making a huge mess on the concrete and our stucco, but I did feel bad for them getting all wet and hanging on so tight. My parents were in town for the weekend so my dad got a stick and removed them. Trina and I were walking outside into the open garage when one of the dislodged bats came flying into the garage. Again the screaming began as we quickly ran back inside the house. I cracked the door and hollered at my dad that the bat had flown into the garage. Then we spotted it on the floor and it took off again landing on our car. There was a lot of door slamming and screaming by us girls during this time. Yes, I'm a whimp when it comes to flying rodents! My dad removed the bat from the garage and they haven't been back since - yeah!
A couple of days latter I was pulling out of the garage and noticed that a mouse was running around on the hood of my car! It ran straight toward the windshield and under the hood of the car - great now there's mice in the garage. So Chuck set out a sticky trap inside the garage and what did he catch - a clump of grey hair and a bat! Yes the mouse got away but he caught another bat. I'm not sure which is worse to have living in the garage!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Rodents Everywhere!
Posted by amber at 12:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Ahhh - bats. gotta love/hate them! I would have DIED if one flew into my garage!! Yikes! And sorry about the mice. we had some in our garage too, but my BFF, the exterminator came and got rid of them. I love the pest control guy...
How does one recognize bat poop? i wouldn't have the slightest clue what that looks like.
Grose Grose Grose is all I can say. Glad we don't have bats hanging out on houses here. Do you remember Brady's friend Brian Barton from USU. They live near Richfield (Brian & Kelli) now. She has the ultimate garage/car rodent story I've ever heard on her blog. You'd be glad you just had bats on the house and one in the garage.
Audrey
Post a Comment