
Last night Samuel had his Joy School graduation. I have absolutely loved doing Joy School this year! The kids were so much fun to teach. I have come to realize that I really love teaching kids. Every so often I think maybe I'll get a teaching certificate. Quite a different track from my engineering degree!
The thing that I loved about Joy School were the fun lessons, songs and activities. Instead of letters, numbers etc. the kids learn about the joy of so many things. I think one of my favorite units was on the joy of creativity and imagination. It's amazing how much fun kids can have using their imaginations - we landed on the moon, flew through space and many more fun things.
One of the last units was on the family and teaching each child that they are special, important and unique. Saren conducted an interview with each of the kids and gave it to us last night with their books. Chuck and I were laughing reading Samuel's answers.
One question was My favorite place is... Samuel said, "Sand Hollow, I like to go there a lot to swim and I like McDonalds. They let me get toys there. I like Disneyland. It's a happy place where people like to go. I like In and Out Burger too." (So from this answer can you tell that I take the kids to McDonalds and In and Out Burger way too often!)
And how funny is this. We show up at Saren's for the graduation and all the boys are wearing different colors of the exact same shirt!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Joy School Graduation
Posted by amber at 3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Those boys are so cute! Congrats to Sam!!
Post a Comment