Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our New Home


I finally got around to taking a few pictures of the new home. This is the outside now that it is complete. Notice the paper blinds in our master bedroom. We haven't bought any blinds yet so we just have our house plans hanging up in our bedroom. We only have one close neighbor now and he always keeps his blinds closed so I don't really worry about not having any blinds. The one bad thing about the new place is that there is a lot of loose red dirt and it gets everywhere! Hopefully we'll be able to get the yard finished this summer and that should help. We really love our new place. The floor plan turned out even better than we imagined when we were planning it. We had a lot of fun and will probably build again some day. But not until the kids are a little older. We spent several hours every week for almost a year on this project. It was hard enough with the two little ones - there's no way we could do it with three!

This is our front door and living room area or as Chuck likes to say the expensive room we had to build to house the piano. It's usually the only area of the house I can keep clean!


Right now we have some beautiful views out our windows. That will eventually change when we get a neighbor, but for now we enjoy the beauty each day.


Our family room. And Chuck's favorite the big tv. It's going to take us awhile to decide what we want to display in the other notches and finish the decorating.


A partial picture of our kitchen area. I really love our kitchen and family room area. They are very spacious - much more than we thought they were going to be from the drawings. I love having the sun come in through the windows in the morning. You can also see our concrete floor in this picture. The color turned out nothing like the sample. It was supposed to be a tan color, but instead is more red. This actually works for us because there is always red dirt on the floor and this way it just blends in! At first the floor was giving me grief because it was so shiny and we couldn't keep it that way, it had varying color, there were rain marks from the concrete getting wet when it was curing, you could see where they'd wiped the rag during the sealing process etc. Then I realized the beauty of a concrete floor is that it just has great personality and now I really love it!

1 comments:

fourballerinas said...

I love to see all the great pictures of your new house. I bet you are loving all the space after being in a smaller home for the last few years. Hope you have time to get all you boxes unpacked with the new baby and the other kids needing attention. Hope you're doing well. We are excited to get to see you guys. We sure miss being able to see you more often. Loved the birth announcement we got. You're very clever "grown by two feet". That was really cute.
Audrey